Buy & Sell
Sell your Pony-Related Items!
Members in good standing can place ads on the Buy and Sell free
of charge for a period of six months. Non-members are welcome to
post listings at $20 per ad for a six month period. Please make
your cheque or money order payable to 'The Newfoundland Pony Society'
and send it to the address below. If you have any questions about
the procedure, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that the ad can be submitted prior to payment being
received and this would facilitate a speedier posting.
Newfoundland Pony Society
P.O. Box 8132
St. John's, NL
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- NPS assumes no responsibility for any transactions that may result from these advertisements and takes no responsibility for the authenticity of any claim made by the advertisers.
- NPS recommends that attention be paid to the following points in respect to the sale and/or purchase of Newfoundland Ponies:
- Please contact the NPS Registrar for confirmation of registration status, ownership on file and pedigree information.
- When reviewing pony prices, consideration be given to the cost of transportation. If this is a inter provincial sale, etc., the shipping cost is usually significant.
- NPS recommends a veterinary check be done prior to sale.
- NPS recommends written agreements between parties re pony sales or gifts and recommends that payment be received in full by the seller prior to release of the pony to the purchaser.
- Please note that it is the seller's (or gift givers) responsibility to initiate the registration transfer. The Registration Certificate is in the owner's name. This certificate must be returned to the NPS Registrar along with the necessary transfer information and fee. A new certificate will be issued directly to the new owner and in their name. Proof of purchase may be required if the Newfoundland Pony Society records are not up-to-date regarding the present owner.
- Export permits are required for ponies leaving the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Please allow a minimum of two weeks processing time for the permit. Contact either the NPS Registrar or the Provincial Veterinarian's Office.
- NPS recommends that the proper vaccinations be administered and the time line required for maximum immunity be observed prior to transport. Please consult with your vet.
- Please read: Long Distance Equine Transport - Vital Considerations
There are no items for sale at this time. Why not be the first to place your item in the Buy & Sell?
Back to Top